Public Health Warwickshire has entered the world of social media, with the launch of its new Twitter account @WCCPublicHealth.
Public Health will be using twitter to better communicate with the public, health professionals and colleagues throughout the county. Those following the site can expect to receive updates on:
- Key health information for Warwickshire
- Top tips for a healthier lifestyle
- Public health services available to Warwickshire residents
- Perspectives from our experts on local and national news stories
- The latest public health data and tools
The director of Public Health Warwickshire, Dr John Linnane commented on the importance of using social media:
“With our move to Warwickshire County council, we saw this as the best opportunity to make some changes and improve the way in which we communicate with Warwickshire residents.
“There is a vast amount of information out there and we want to be able to help residents to access this in order to continue the work we do to improve the health and wellbeing of Warwickshire residents. By using a powerful tool such as Twitter, we will be able to share key health information in real-time as well as highlight key activities and events.”
Public Health Warwickshire is working to defend, promote, protect and improve the Public Health of Warwickshire residents now and in the future, by:
- Reducing health inequalities
- Driving ambition to be healthy and live well
- Increasing life expectancy
- Increasing focus on prevention
- Working in partnership
- Focusing on community improvements
To follow Public Health Warwickshire please visit: https://twitter.com/WCCPublicHealth or use @WCCPublicHealth
For further information please contact Catherine Rigney, Knowledge Management Officer on 01926 413753 or Lisa Mowe, Communications, Warwickshire County Council on 01926 412513.