Mental Health Support and Services in Warwickshire
The Warwickshire Public Mental Health Strategy 2014-16 can be accessed here.
The Warwickshire Suicide Prevention Strategy 2016-2020 is now available to download.
The main sources of information about mental health, wellbeing and dementia services and support in Warwickshire can be accessed here.
If you are a practitioner and wish to find out about local mental health and wellbeing services and support, please click here to access the Warwickshire Health and Wellbeing Portal or visit warwickshire.gov.uk/mentalhealth.
If you are a member of the public and wish to find out about local mental health and wellbeing services and support, please visit: warwickshire.gov.uk/mentalhealth.
Health and Wellbeing webpages
For information on Five ways to wellbeing in Warwickshire please visit: warwickshire.gov.uk/5ways
For the Warwickshire Living Well with Dementia website please visit: warwickshire.gov.uk/dementia
Other useful links to services or opportunities that may enhance mental health and wellbeing
- NHS Choices: health information
- NHS Choices: Well-being
- A guide to talking therapies
- CAMHS Referral Guidelines
- Health A-Z: counselling
- Health A-Z: cognitive behavioural therapy
- Depression Alliance
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Counselling directory
- Mental Health Foundation
- Mental Health Matters Helpline
- Warwickshire’s Directory of Services
- Young Minds
Key Strategies and documents The latest national mental health strategy No health without mental health: a cross-government mental health outcomes strategy for people of all age sets out six shared objectives to improve the mental health and well-being of the nation, and to improve outcomes for people with mental health problems through high quality services. It supports the Government’s aim of achieving parity of esteem between physical and mental health. The interconnections between mental health, housing, employment and the criminal justice system are stressed.
- No health without mental health – impact assessment
- No Health Without Mental Health: A call to action
- Delivering better mental health outcomes for people of all ages
- The economic case for improving efficiency and quality in mental health
- Talking therapies: a four year plan of action
- Improving the health of looked after young people – an exploration of mental health stigma
- Warwickshire’s Dementia Strategy – Living Well with Dementia in Warwickshire
For further information, please contact a member of the Public Health Warwickshire – Health Improvement Team (Mental Health and Wellbeing):
Charlotte Gath, Consultant in Public Health
Telephone: 01926 412439
Paula Mawson, Health Improvement, Commissioning and Performance Lead: Mental Health
Telephone: 01926 413713
Claire Taylor, Health Improvement, Commissioning and Performance Lead: Mental Health
Telephone: 01926 413728